Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High-pitched whine/clunk on voice recordings

lol - no : it's not my voice!

When I record any voice memos with my Belkin voice recorder, there is always a background high-pitched hum that ends with a 'clunk', a few seconds of quiet and then it builds up again.

I seem to get this whether the iPod is pluggged in to my Mac, or whether it is away from all other electrical devices.

It is really annoying on playback, and I would like to eliminate it if possible.

Any suggestions please.

Posted on Aug 6, 2005 2:49 AM

4 replies

Sep 6, 2005 10:48 PM in response to Suzanne Butz

With the astounding lack of response regarding this, I have been doing further investigation. It is definitely some sort of feedback coming from somewhere - which I am unable to eliminate. It is just like the hum that builds in a standard old stereo and you can hear the hum through the speakers. It could, of course, be feedback from the harddisk speeding up as mentioned above. It would still be great to find some way of eliminating this incredibly annoying 'feature'.

Sep 7, 2005 10:55 PM in response to Suzanne Butz

I have experienced this too when using the Belkin microphone and suspect that it is the hard disk whirring being picked up by the microphone.

It looks to me like the iTalk allows a microphone on a lead to be plugged into it. This would take the microphone further away from the source and might eliminate the noise completely.

Of course, it means having to buy an iTalk AND a separate microphone. Perhaps your friendly Apple reseller will let you try in store...

High-pitched whine/clunk on voice recordings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.