Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Working on image not present on my MBP

Hello all, I am about to purchase a network raid Lacie HD that I will connect to my network. All my pictures will be on this drive.

I was wondering, as I am moving along often with my MPB, I am not keeping any files on my local HD and all will be on my Network RAID HD soon enough.

Will I be able to work on my pictures and adjust them and write keywords even if I am not connected to my Network ? then, will it all keep all my modifications when I come back home or nothing will work?

I did some search and haven't been able to locate a real good answer so I am here 🙂

Thank you very much in advance!

Ghis

MacBook Pro Dual Core 2.4, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Nov 18, 2008 5:45 PM

4 replies

Nov 18, 2008 6:00 PM in response to Zembla

To do this you will have to adopt the workflow where all of your master images are referenced and create the library on the MBP, which will contain the previews.

Very do-able, but you definitely want to read up on the workflow, backing up, archiving and glitches. Plenty of posts that address these topics here.

Eg, your network drive, is it going be be backed up to another drive, manually, automatically, and so forth.

Tony

Dec 7, 2008 7:30 PM in response to Tony Gay

Finally decided to choose a simplier solution.
2 Lacie 1TB drive USB 2.0
My library is on the first one, won't be able to work on my images when not connected to it. So be it
My Vault is on the second one.

When more contracts comes in, I'll CCC the Library one to a third drive 🙂

I think I'll be ok 🙂

Working on image not present on my MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.