Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beejive App

Can a user of the Beejive app answer a few questions for me?? If somebody sends a text to my phone number, will Beejive enable me to read it or must you use aim, yahoo etc. to text with it? Basically, I'm wondering if it can replace sms on the iphone??

Thanks in advance.

Dell, Windows XP

Posted on Nov 19, 2008 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2008 7:32 PM

If someone sends an SMS to your cell number, it will come to the SMS app, not BeeJive. There's no way to for BeeJive to receive it. In fact, if someone sends you an IM, BeeJive can be configured to send you an SMS.

That's a good thing, because 3rd party apps cannot run in the background on the iPhone. Even if BeeJive were to be able to receive SMS sent to your cell number, it would have to be running all the time to do that.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2008 7:32 PM in response to michael-sa

If someone sends an SMS to your cell number, it will come to the SMS app, not BeeJive. There's no way to for BeeJive to receive it. In fact, if someone sends you an IM, BeeJive can be configured to send you an SMS.

That's a good thing, because 3rd party apps cannot run in the background on the iPhone. Even if BeeJive were to be able to receive SMS sent to your cell number, it would have to be running all the time to do that.

Beejive App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.