Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Macbook has redirect adware!

I accidentely typed www.googe.com by mistake yesterday, and now I notice that EVERY SINGLE SEARCH LINK I click on google gets redirected to something "copy.book... or smartbiz" and I'm pretty n00b at computer stuff so I don't know how to get rid of it.

Can somebody help? How can I get rid of it? What programs do I use (preferably free ones)?

It's super annoying...

macbook

Posted on Nov 19, 2008 11:52 PM

11 replies

Nov 24, 2008 10:09 PM in response to Zlig

I've already erased all the cookies, twice! and it still shows up.
Now I can't even connect to google. It says that

"The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies."

And I noticed that ALL of the advertisment banners on any website are of some Vimax pills. UGHHHHH I need help! I know a lot of PC's have had this problems, and they fix it by looking at their logs. But I don't know how to do that, somebody, PLEASEEEEE

Nov 25, 2008 7:47 PM in response to a brody

Apparently I think it has something to do with my internet at home (wireless) because I was at work with my mac, and I could get on to google, oppose to my home internet, where I STILL can't use google.

I don't think it was from googe.com but somewhere else I guess.

Either way, how do you check web browser proxy settings?

Help! Macbook has redirect adware!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.