Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

razor edge on new MBP

has anyone else noticed that the edges of the new MBP are very sharp not sharp to cut but very uncomfortable.

any home brew remedy's?

MBP 2.4ghz (released in oct), Mac OS X (10.5.5), n/a

Posted on Nov 20, 2008 5:19 PM

90 replies

Nov 20, 2008 9:32 PM in response to jacob lial

jacob lial wrote:
i was extremely over exaggerating.

... and wasting our time!

If it is too uncomfortable, take it back.

Get an older MacBook Pro. Oh wait, you would then probably complain about losing arm hair.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1631059&start=0&tstart=0

"Razor edge on new MBP"...Are you for real?

Someone had suggested that Microsoft has been paying kids to come here to post BS, as part of their $300-million ad campaign. I would not be surprised!

PS

I apologize for having written harshly to you, but some of the complaints about the new MacBook Pro are unbelievable.

Message was edited by: LukeD

Nov 21, 2008 8:39 AM in response to LukeD

LukeD wrote:
jacob lial wrote:
i was extremely over exaggerating.

... and wasting our time!

If it is too uncomfortable, take it back.

Get an older MacBook Pro. Oh wait, you would then probably complain about losing arm hair.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1631059&start=0&tstart=0

"Razor edge on new MBP"...Are you for real?

Someone had suggested that Microsoft has been paying kids to come here to post BS, as part of their $300-million ad campaign. I would not be surprised!

PS

I apologize for having written harshly to you, but some of the complaints about the new MacBook Pro are unbelievable.

well first off i switch from PC to mac b/c of the horrible OS of vista.

second off its not like i'm the only one who exaggerates in the world, my main question if you want to scroll up was to see if anyone has found some sort of pad or rubber strip of some sort to make the edge less uncomfortable.

Dec 3, 2008 6:25 PM in response to UtahMacTech

UtahMacTech wrote:
I actually had to take a small file and dull down the edge a bit. Kind of annoying for such an expensive piece of equipment.

Congratulations, you have just voided your warranty, ruined the anodized protection on your notebook, and given up any credible chance of selling your computer in the future. Watch how fast your exterior deteriorates now.

Of all the things to do to your MacBook Pro, you have taken a file to it. Wow!

Has anyone heard of an external keyboard? Apple makes good ones.

If it had bothered you to that degree, and you had not wanted to return it, you could have bought an external keyboard for goodness sake!

Dec 4, 2008 6:26 AM in response to LukeD

Of course it is acceptable to file down a MBP. He bought it, he can do what he wants with it. If he wanted to pour syrup on it and drop it in a lake that would be acceptable too. It may not be acceptable to you, but then you just will not do that with yours. He bought it though and can do anything he likes with it.

Dec 6, 2008 1:44 PM in response to UtahMacTech

Did the filing down help? I too mentioned this issue and got ***** slapped by our buddy Luke, who needs to serously chill and accept that Apple may have a design flaw here.

If there are any other suggestions as to what to do I would appreciate hearing them. It is not like the edge is not finished, it is just not radiused enough.

razor edge on new MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.