Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes for Linux (ubuntu)

Hi,
I just have a question for Apple really, why isn't there a version of iTunes for Linux and will there ever be?

I have Ubuntu installed on my Mac and use it for certain things, it would be nice to listen to my iTunes bought music and sync my iPhone while using Ubuntu.

Thanks

MacPro, Mac OS X (10.5.5), 1x320GB 1x160GB 2x 500GB WDC HDD

Posted on Nov 20, 2008 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2008 7:06 AM

This is a user to user forum so "Apple" won't be posting an answer to your question here, you won't find product announcements officially released through the forum. If it ever happens you'll read about it in the press or on-line. The iTunes for Linux request appears frequently on the forum but the bottom line is that no one here will know if there are, have been or ever will be plans to make a Linux version. You can always add your voice to the many requests by sending feedback/feature requests directly to Apple at this link: Apple Product Feedback
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2008 7:06 AM in response to Sipheren

This is a user to user forum so "Apple" won't be posting an answer to your question here, you won't find product announcements officially released through the forum. If it ever happens you'll read about it in the press or on-line. The iTunes for Linux request appears frequently on the forum but the bottom line is that no one here will know if there are, have been or ever will be plans to make a Linux version. You can always add your voice to the many requests by sending feedback/feature requests directly to Apple at this link: Apple Product Feedback

iTunes for Linux (ubuntu)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.