Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshots from iPhone/iPod touch

I have been unable to import screenshots i've taken using my iPhone 3G or iPod touch using 2.0.x, 2.1 or 2.2.

I notice when I import photos from my Nikon P80, when I select 1 photo in the Import window it says "Import 1 Image" and when I select multiple images it says "Import # images," however, on my iPod touch, since it only can store screenshots (plus things from Mail and Safari), no matter what I select it says "Import All Images." I was able to import all photos taken with 2.1 and earler by pressing command-a and then pressing Import All, but all 2.2 images were not imported. When I import a screenshot with this 1 exception it says "Import Complete. 0 images have been imported into your library"

On my iPhone, all pictures that were taken with the camera have the "Import # Images" but as soon as I select a screenshot it says "Import All Images"

BTW: Apple did something with screenshots for 2.2 because in iPhoto, Image Capture and Aperture, it now shows a preview of all 2.2 images and no preview of 2.1

Using the following software versions:
Aperture 2.1.2
Mac OS X 10.5.5
iPhone 2.2
iPod touch 2.2

On the MacBook Pro listed below, not the iMac

Also, please don't tell me to use iPhoto or the Finder for screenshots. I prefer to have all my image files, whether screenshots or photos from every camera and computer i've ever gotten them from in 1 Aperture library.

MBP 17" 2.33GHz 2GB, iMac Core Duo 17" 1.83GHz 1GB, Mac OS X (10.5.5), iPhone 3G 16GB, iPods: classic 80GB, touch 2G 16GB, shuffle 2G

Posted on Nov 23, 2008 10:55 AM

9 replies

Nov 23, 2008 3:33 PM in response to Ernie Stamper

I can import them using Image Capture, which is what i've been doing as a workaround. I would like to import them directly into Aperture.

Screenshot with 2.1: http://gallery.me.com/maxeverde/100074/iPhone%2021/web.png?ver=12274829830001

Screenshot with 2.2: http://gallery.me.com/maxeverde/100074/iPhone%2022/web.png?ver=12274829890001

Both were taken on my iPod touch 2G sometime when I had the software (my iPod touch came with 2.1.1 and I upgraded to 2.2 the Friday morning it came out) imported with Image Capture then uploaded to MobileMe using the web interface a minute ago

Nov 23, 2008 4:04 PM in response to Ernie Stamper

Correct, I would like to bypass the workaround of importing them using Image Capture.

I thought it was an issue for every iPhone user using Aperture to import screenshots but I was the one on the link Christian provided on page 9 posting as Max E Verde. The person who posted after me said "thats weird, did you check preferences?" so I figured there was a way to import with Aperture.

Screenshots from iPhone/iPod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.