Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

why does the  amber light on time capsule keep flashing

1100 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2009 5:32 AM by Jentonola RSS
fenrother Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 24, 2008 7:28 AM
After a power cut, the amber light flashes and does not go solid green as previously. The system,safari,mail and backup are all working OK but this "light" bugs me as I know it should change. Any ideas would be appreciated.
MacBookPro, Mac OS X (10.5.2)
  • Smokerz Level 6 Level 6 (9,180 points)
    per the manual:
    1) improper ethernet connection
    20 wireless out of range
    3) problem with provider
    4) modem may have lost its connection
    5) even if modem seems to be working properly power it down for a minute and make sure TC is connected to modem before powering modem up.

bottom line here, sometimes user must power down and power up modem and/or router.
    MacPro 2.66 mhz Dual-Core Xeon 3.5 terabytes using 5 HDs, Mac OS X (10.5.5), MBP C2D, iMac C2D, PB G4 12 & 15 inch
  • Jentonola Calculating status...
    This did not work for us. We have powered down more than once in the past 2 days. Waited patiently prior to reconnecting modem, then Time Capsule. Internet access is available, but amber light continues to flash.
    MacBook 2008, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.