Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with second screen.

I have a 15 inch tft connected with my macbook pro, but the problem is that although in height the screen is taller than the laptops screen, in the screen preferences the height is smaller. If i can move the mouse pointer from one screen to the other on a straight line at the bottom of he screen, when the pointer switches from one screen to the other from the top of the screen, it appears higher than what it should be. Is there any way I can change how the dimensions of the second screen are set in the display preferences?

MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Nov 24, 2008 11:40 AM

6 replies

Nov 26, 2008 6:00 AM in response to Mythos_gr

Hi Mythos,

Not quite sure if I really understand the problem, and the link you gave didn't work for me (Aberdeen U wants me to report that page).
You might try in Preferences/Displays/Arrangement to play and drag around the screen. You can push it up or down, left or right, or even transfer the menu bar from your main screen to the other one and work from there. Good luck, hope this helps.

Nov 27, 2008 6:54 AM in response to Mythos_gr

Sorry, I made a typing mistake.
The link for the video is http://www.abdn.ac.uk/~u06ck5/Video-0002.mp4
Hope that helps.

See when I go to the preferences and it shows me the two screens, the height of the screen of my mac, is bigger than the height of my tft screen, but that's only how it looks in the preferences, because in reality, the height of my tft is bigger that my laptops screen, as you can see on the video.
Hope that makes it a bit clearer.

Nov 28, 2008 1:20 PM in response to Mythos_gr

No apologies necessary. 🙂

Actually you're in the Leopard forum which deals with Leopard as software, so devices wouldn't quite be applicable. But hopefully I pointed you to the Macbook forum because that's what your issue involves. (I checked the link, I get the Macbook forum). Someone there should be more knowledgeable about what you describe. Good luck!

Problem with second screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.