Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print A3 doc tiled accross two A4

I have an A3 landscape document.

I want to print it over two A4 pages using my A4 printer, eg so it is tiled across both pages

Is this possible?

thanks in advance!

g5, dual 1.8 ibm pc, Mac OS X (10.5.5), it's old.......

Posted on Nov 26, 2008 12:34 PM

2 replies

Nov 28, 2008 1:58 AM in response to templehead

I want to print it over two A4 pages using my A4 printer, eg so it is tiled across both pages

You can tile in the imaging model, but you need a method to move the origin of the co-ordinate system in the application and while I may be mistaken, I don't know that this app has that.

The origin of the co-ordinate system is bottom left in PostScript (top left in QuickDraw). To tile you tell the imaging system to set up a sub-origin imaging area within the main imaging area.

You can do a kind of tiling, though. If you have a larger paper format than you have a page format, or you have a smaller paper format for several larger pages, you can tell the system to print several pages on the same paper.

File > Print > scroll down from Copies & Pages to Layout > Pages per Sheet. The scaling for tiling and thumbnailing is set up automatically, so you can't set up a special origian for a subarea and selectively image that subsection in one-to-one scale.

/hh

Print A3 doc tiled accross two A4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.