Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting .mov to .cdr for viewing

Hello all,

I have a bunch of .mov files of training videos, but I can't play them on my computer screen and use the program at the same time, so I want to play them on my standard DVD player on a TV.

What is the process through which I can get my .mov files to a .cdr DVD Master format?

iMac 24" 2GB RAM, Early 2008 Model, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Nov 27, 2008 3:21 PM

2 replies

Nov 27, 2008 4:06 PM in response to Sed_P

Sed_P wrote:
Hello all,

I have a bunch of .mov files of training videos, but I can't play them on my computer screen and use the program at the same time, so I want to play them on my standard DVD player on a TV.

What is the process through which I can get my .mov files to a .cdr DVD Master format?

You do not want to convert them to .cdr, you want to convert them to DVD movie format, something quite different.

You can search on the net for mov to dvd converting software for Leopard.
Versiontracker is another good starting place
http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/
I use Toast Platinum but there are others available. How good they are I don't know.
You can also do it by connecting the video/audio output of your Mac to a standalone DVD recorder if you have one.

Converting .mov to .cdr for viewing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.