Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Earbud foam covers make all the difference

After reading and hearing seemingly endless complaints about iPod earbuds falling out too easily, I feel it's time to speak out and offer a corrective. Folks, you know those little foam covers that came with your iPod? USE THEM!! That's what HOLDS the earbuds in your EARS! I see virtually everyone walking around without the pads, and it boggles my mind. What, is it "coolness" thing? Also, you get MUCH better bass, and overall improved sound quality with the foam on! Why? Because the foam holds the speaker properly aimed into your ear canal. Now, I admit the white earbuds are certainly not audiophile quality (I have Shure e2c's for that), but they sound a helluva lot better with the foam than without! (Even though they let in way too much outside noise for a New York City subway rider like myself).

Just want folks to hear what they've been missing.

Prospervic

Posted on Oct 9, 2005 8:11 PM

There are no replies.

Earbud foam covers make all the difference

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.