2928 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2010 12:15 PM by rpduval
OK - has anyone else had this problem? It seems to happen to me all the friggin time. Easily reproducible too:
1. Select 'Restart' from Apple menu
2. Restart hangs (every single time regardless of whether any apps are running or not)
3. Force restart via power button (every single time)
4. CD's/DVD's/.dmg fail to mount (every single time)
5. Repair permissions (every single time)
6. Restart (see #2)
7. Zap PRAM 3x (every single time)
8. CD's/DVD's/.dmg mount
I am so tired of this. I have never had this many unfixed problems with any Mac or OS, not even 7.5! How hard is it to create a computer that restarts properly? And why oh why does it refuse to mount my media?
I have this issue too. I was trying to install Xcode3.1.2 - the disk image fails to verify with a checksum error. If I skip the verify, it mounts, and the installer chokes. I ran md5 repeatedly on the .dmg file and I get different answers each time it runs!
If I md5 a smaller file, it always gives the same answer. It seems to fail on the larger files only (Xcode is about 900 MB).
My restart also hung. I've yet to go back and try again - but I suspect md5 will be working again once I get back home - until whatever breaks acts up again.
This is on a G5, 10.5.6