1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 3, 2008 8:44 PM by Carolyn Samit
JCrew7384 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Hi all, hopefully someone can help.

I have the wireless bluetooth Apple keyboard and mighty mouse for my iMac (Sept 2007). Recently my keyboard has been losing connectivity, and then my mouse starts getting all jumpy on the screen, like its cutting in and out. If I turn off the mouse, and then turn it back on, everything goes back to normal. I checked the batteries in System Preferences, it shows them both more than 75% full. Any idea what would be causing this to happen?

iMac, MacBook, iPhone 3G, Mac OS X (10.5.5)
  • Carolyn Samit Level 10 Level 10 (95,985 points)
    In System Preferences/Keyboard&Mouse/Bluetooth make sure the Mouse levels are in green, not yellow. If you are down to the last two bars on the left, put in new batteries, for the keyboard also.

One more thing you can try. Re-pair them using: System Preferences/Bluetooth If the devices are in the list, delete them. Now, make sure they are on and discoverable.
    Setting up a wireless keyboard and mouse

Make sure the batteries are properly inserted in the keyboard and mouse, and the keyboard and mouse are turned on and discoverable. See the documentation that came with the keyboard and mouse for more information.

To use Bluetooth Setup Assistant:

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, and then click Bluetooth.

Click Devices, and then click Set Up New Device.
    Follow the onscreen instructions to set up your keyboard or mouse.

If you have replaced the batteries in a mouse that is paired with your computer, click the mouse to reconnect to it.
    For more help using Bluetooth, click the Help button in the bottom-right corner of Bluetooth preferences.

Carolyn