Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

2 ipods, same problem - need to reset them the first time I use them

2946 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2008 7:12 AM by Vicky Bilaniuk RSS
Vicky Bilaniuk Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 4, 2008 6:11 PM
I have a newly purchased iPod Shuffle (1gig version) and a 32 gig iPod Touch that I got about 3 months ago and both of them did exactly the same thing to me when I first plugged them in: They simply wouldn't work properly until I told iTunes to restore them (not even a reset would work - I had to do a restoration to factory settings in iTunes). Why would I have to restore them when they are fresh out of the box? Is it something weird about my computer? (it's a crappy Windows machine)

Interestingly, my husband's iPod Touch didn't do this. He ordered his from the apple store, though, while I got my 2 from a local store.
  • deggie Level 8 Level 8 (44,870 points)
    You are getting a drive conflict. You aren't connecting more than one iPod at a time?

What other USB devices are connected to this computer?
    MacPro Dual Core 2.66 Ghz, MacBook Pro 15", iPhone 3G, Mac OS X (10.5.5), AEXs, Red 2G Nano, Red Shuffle, 16GB Touch, 160 GB Classic, White 60GB 5G

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.