Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FM transmitters

I was looking to buy an FM Transmitter that works well and hooks into the dock connector or the headphone outlet without being interfered with by an ipod case. I was wondering if anyone has tried some different transmitters and how they worked for them.

Posted on Oct 19, 2005 9:39 AM

7 replies

Oct 19, 2005 5:02 PM in response to Josh Ensell

Josh,

Sounds like you're talking about a FM modulator not a FM tuner. if you want to catch FM stations on your iPod (FM Tuner), there is one available at the apple store. I think it is made by Belkin. If you are talking about a FM modulator (something to transmit the music on your iPod to say...your car stereo via an FM frequency) I would advise against it. If at all possible use a cassette adapter.

Hope this helps

Oct 20, 2005 10:30 AM in response to Josh Ensell

I have a similar problem. I want the protection with a case (I have the Speck toughskin), yet I also want to have a nice FM transmitter (I have the Griffin Roadtrip). However, when I put the iPod in the case, it is physically too big to fit into the Roadtrip dock. They need to make a male-to-female cable so we can plug the iPod into the FM transmitter without having to actually put it in the dock.
Does anyone else agree?
Send feedback to Apple if you do.

Oct 20, 2005 11:19 AM in response to Scott Van de Vyver

Scott, Welcome to the discussion area!

I have the PodFreq. It is essentially a hard case with an FM transmitter on the bottom. You can sync and charge your iPod while it is in the PodFreq.

Since the PodFreq uses the digital connector on the bottom of the iPod to get the sound, the sound is cleaner than plugging into the analog headphone jack on top.

Oct 20, 2005 12:31 PM in response to Scott Van de Vyver

Is it possible to remove the iPod from the PodFreq & still be in the case? Or does it only have the case while it is in the PodFreq?

This is all one piece.

And if I did drop my iPod, it would probably happen while I'm carrying it to or from the car & not so much while it is in the FM transmitter.

There is no reason that you need to remove it from the PodFreq. You could carry the iPod to/from the car while it is still in the PodFreq. You can turn the FM transmitter off when you don't want to use it.

FM transmitters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.