Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can Maps app import .kml data

i'm planning a trip to nyc, and have added numerous pins to mark places i want to see, using google maps (maps.google.com), then saved these pins using the my maps feature.

i can look at these locations in google earth, on my mac (it exports a .kml file) is there anyway to bring it into Maps, or google earth on my touch?

thanks!

marc

15" MBP (also 15" AlPB), Mac OS X (10.5.3), 2 gb ram, 100 gb hd 2.2 ghz (1.5 gb ram, 100 gb hd, 1.75 ghz (upgraded))

Posted on Dec 7, 2008 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2008 12:54 PM

well, i answered my own question, possibly. a google search lead me to this site:

http://edcommunity.apple.com/ali/story.php?itemID=16472&version=4449&pageID=1185 6

it turns out i can share my map w/ an email address, then go to a web site while on the touch, enter my gmail info, and i get my map pins in the maps app. very cool and it worked the 1st time.

to see how quickly it would update, i made a new point, saved and re-loaded. maps app took a long time to find the page, i quit it and re-launched, and it works now.

good deal!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2008 12:54 PM in response to marc cardwell

well, i answered my own question, possibly. a google search lead me to this site:

http://edcommunity.apple.com/ali/story.php?itemID=16472&version=4449&pageID=1185 6

it turns out i can share my map w/ an email address, then go to a web site while on the touch, enter my gmail info, and i get my map pins in the maps app. very cool and it worked the 1st time.

to see how quickly it would update, i made a new point, saved and re-loaded. maps app took a long time to find the page, i quit it and re-launched, and it works now.

good deal!

can Maps app import .kml data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.