Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro HV30 Capture problems

Hello I can't capture HDV footage on Final Cut Pro with the HV30. I have tried every setting in easy set up, However if I take the same footage and capture it in Final Cut Express it works fine. Why would there be a difference between Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro?

Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Dec 8, 2008 8:10 AM

3 replies

Dec 8, 2008 7:48 PM in response to Moose123

The Canon manual says that the HDV/DV terminal outputs 1080i HD or 480i SD. That narrows your choices way down in the Final Cut Easy Setups. Choose Format: HDV;

Use: HDV 1080i60 Firewire Basic. Click the Setup button and you're done. It really is an "Easy Setup." If you have the Log & Capture window open while you do the Easy Setup, it will tell you it can't find a device if you choose the wrong setup; if you choose something that will work, it won't give you a warning.

Be aware that if you shoot 24P, the camera won't output 24P -- it adds 3:2 pulldown, which is a drag -- and that's why you need to choose 1080i60 no matter which HDV setting you shot with. However, you can use Cinema Tools or Compressor to do a Reverse Telecine to get the footage back to 24P.

Final Cut Pro HV30 Capture problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.