Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image won't scale to book placeholder

I have one image I'm trying to add to a book that was originally a scanned image imported into iPhoto. When I drop the image in the book it doesn't scale to fit in the image place holder. About 80% of the image is showing and the "scale" slider at the top of the photo is set to the smallest setting. I can move the image up & down, but can't get the entire image to be visible. I have tried reducing the image size (even to a ridiculous size of 1" x 2") to no avail. Every image fills in too large. Any help would be appreciated. I don't understand why this 1 image is doing this & others are not??? User uploaded file

Best.

15" MacBook Pro, core duo2, 4G ram, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Dec 8, 2008 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2008 8:51 PM

try right clicking (control click) on the photo and select the fit to frame option
3 replies

Dec 9, 2008 11:27 AM in response to Jonathan Hils

Since the frames are based on a 4:3 ratio you will either have to do as Larry recommended (which will give form empty space within the frame) or crop the photo to the 4:3 ratio so it will fit.

User uploaded file

TIP: For insurance against the iPhoto database corruption that many users have experienced I recommend making a backup copy of the Library6.iPhoto (iPhoto.Library for iPhoto 5 and earlier) database file and keep it current. If problems crop up where iPhoto suddenly can't see any photos or thinks there are no photos in the library, replacing the working Library6.iPhoto file with the backup will often get the library back. By keeping it current I mean backup after each import and/or any serious editing or work on books, slideshows, calendars, cards, etc. That insures that if a problem pops up and you do need to replace the database file, you'll retain all those efforts. It doesn't take long to make the backup and it's good insurance.
I've created an Automator workflow application (requires Tiger or later), iPhoto dB File Backup, that will copy the selected Library6.iPhoto file from your iPhoto Library folder to the Pictures folder, replacing any previous version of it. It's compatible with iPhoto 6 and 7 libraries and Tiger and Leopard. Just put the application in the Dock and click on it whenever you want to backup the dB file. iPhoto does not have to be closed to run the application, just idle. You can download it at Toad's Cellar. Be sure to read the Read Me pdf file.

Note: There's now an Automator backup application for iPhoto 5 that will work with Tiger or Leopard.

Image won't scale to book placeholder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.