Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch and the palm pilot z22

My palm pilot z22 is reaching the end of its life cycle. Can the calendar, contacts, etc. be imported into the ipod touch?

Windows XP

Posted on Dec 9, 2008 3:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2008 4:19 PM

Not directly from the Palm desktop. The Touch does sync with Outlook, however, so if you can change your sync conduit to sync your Palm with Outlook to get your data transferred there first, then Outlook Contacts and Calendar can indeed by synchronized with the Ipod Touch. I had a Palm TX and thankfully was already synchronizing to Outlook, so have had no problems. However, there is no syncing for Notes or To Do items on the Touch. There is at least one 3rd party option for syncing Outlook To Do items (KeyTasks from Chapura -- haven't tried it myself).

The option I have found for Notes that works well is to create a separate Outlook Contacts folder called Notes. Put the name of the note in the last name field and use the memo field for the note. I actually like this better than Outlook's native Notes, which are small yellow 'sticky' notes.

One thing that is NOT support on the Touch are categories. You can use them in Outlook itself, but they are not transferred to the Touch.

Judy
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 9, 2008 4:19 PM in response to LBilowus

Not directly from the Palm desktop. The Touch does sync with Outlook, however, so if you can change your sync conduit to sync your Palm with Outlook to get your data transferred there first, then Outlook Contacts and Calendar can indeed by synchronized with the Ipod Touch. I had a Palm TX and thankfully was already synchronizing to Outlook, so have had no problems. However, there is no syncing for Notes or To Do items on the Touch. There is at least one 3rd party option for syncing Outlook To Do items (KeyTasks from Chapura -- haven't tried it myself).

The option I have found for Notes that works well is to create a separate Outlook Contacts folder called Notes. Put the name of the note in the last name field and use the memo field for the note. I actually like this better than Outlook's native Notes, which are small yellow 'sticky' notes.

One thing that is NOT support on the Touch are categories. You can use them in Outlook itself, but they are not transferred to the Touch.

Judy

ipod touch and the palm pilot z22

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.