Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Tunes 8 crashes Vista 64 bit in sleep mode

I just bought a brand new Dell desktop with Vista 64 bit and installed the 64 bit version of I Tunes 8. The program opened, but I was not yet ready to migrate my files to the new PC so I closed the program and left for a while. When I returned and attempted to wake the computer from sleep mode, the monitor started displaying nothing but a pinstripe pattern and the system was frozen, requiring a hard reboot. A second occurrence convinced me to uninstall and do a system restore. Sleep mode then operated properly again. A new install of IT8 produced the same freeze. The program doesn't have to be open when the system goes into sleep mode to cause the crash. I have not even connected my dock to the PC yet. I have over 22,000 songs on my old PC and am very concerned about bringing them over. Is it possible to obtain a workable version of I Tunes 7 for 64 bit? Any help will be appreciated.

Dell XPS 420, Windows Vista

Posted on Dec 9, 2008 5:53 PM

1 reply

I Tunes 8 crashes Vista 64 bit in sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.