Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

address book-how to change format of labels

I am trying to make Christmas labels. right now I can get them to merge, but my output is something like John Doe & Mary in the addressee line. I would like to change it to John & Mary Doe. the street address come out ok etc. The only other problem is sometimes the spouse is left off. That is, in the card under spouse I have a name (Mary) but when I print the card it only shows John Doe. I played with it for a while last night and don't know what I am doing wrong. thanks in advanceUser uploaded file

Imac-intel

Posted on Dec 10, 2008 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2008 10:47 AM

pdewald011205,

Welcome to Apple Discussions.
...and don't know what I am doing wrong.

You are not doing anything wrong. AFAIK, this is default behavior in AddressBook. I have taken to entering the first name field as "John & Mary" on at least one of the address cards for multiple family members. Then I include that card in my "Christmas Cards" Group.

;~)

User uploaded file
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2008 10:47 AM in response to pdewald011205

pdewald011205,

Welcome to Apple Discussions.
...and don't know what I am doing wrong.

You are not doing anything wrong. AFAIK, this is default behavior in AddressBook. I have taken to entering the first name field as "John & Mary" on at least one of the address cards for multiple family members. Then I include that card in my "Christmas Cards" Group.

;~)

User uploaded file

address book-how to change format of labels

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.