Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost my Keychain password! Please help.

I did a clean install of leopard and it is now saying that my keychain password is wrong. I tried putting my login password...no go.

Here is the kicker. I don't want to delete the keychain because it has my old aim password on it. I do not remember that password and I used an old email address to create it years ago.

Is there anyway to reset the keychain password via terminal or some other app. Please help me. I am desperate and I am going to loose years of contacts because of this.

All I need to do is retrieve my aim/ichat password and I can delete the key chain. That is the only password I don't have besides the keychain password.

HELP!

Mac Pro 2008 2.8 Quad Core, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Dec 10, 2008 6:18 PM

6 replies

Dec 10, 2008 8:13 PM in response to Robert Martinez

that application simply provided a command line way to change the keychain password. you'd still have to know the old password to use it. keychain is encrypted and is specifically designed to protect the passwords stored inside from anybody trying to break in. as I said, there is no way to break that (which is a very good thing IMO).

Lost my Keychain password! Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.