Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

codesign verification error = losing my mind

Can anyone offer any suggestions. I have double checked everything over and over again and everything is fine. I just cannot seem to figure out why I keep getting Application failed codesign verification on submission. It is driving me nuts.

Posted on Dec 10, 2008 9:03 PM

3 replies

Dec 11, 2008 12:17 AM in response to Twin8885

It is something of a black art still. I had the same problem yeterday. I deleted and reloaded my provisions from xcode, did clean builds, emptied caches, and invoked various supernatural forces, without effect.
Having been through this before, I was finally prepared to take the ultimate step of restarting my mac. I closed all my important safari tabs and restarted. I immediately launched xcode and built my distribution version from clean.

it worked.
oh yeah.

If it were too easy, we wouldn't get so much satisfaction from seeing iTunesConnect accept our uploads.

Dec 12, 2008 7:52 AM in response to Twin8885

I was only doing it (the App) for a bit of fun but after 7-8 weeks of continual frustration coming home after work I've just about given up with this provisioning thing and my (6 month) project. NOBODY out there can give a proper explanation as to why this fails for most people. The ones it does work for cannot identify what they did that made it work. Why doesn't iPhone Configuration Utility cross-verify your settings. Like many, the frustration with this process is too much to bear.

I know the chap from MobileMe needed a job after that fiasco but why put him in charge of this?

Apple, this is dreadful and you can do better than this. Why aren't you listening?

Dec 13, 2008 9:46 PM in response to Twin8885

It's hard to say without more specific details, but if I were to guess, I'd offer you look first at your project's targets (within your chosen project, expand "Targets", cmd-I on your chosen target.)

Within there, review the "build" tab's settings (of which there are many, and be careful, they all automatically save the slightest change) and carefully review the code signing section.

Assuming you have downloaded your proper *.mobileprovision provisioning profiles and added them to XCode properly, they should be selectable in the build area's settings.

Keep going, you're close! I agree it's a total PITA for now, but you've gotta expect some bumps on such a new (yet exciting) platform.

codesign verification error = losing my mind

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.