Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need an editing suggestion for slides with multiple transitions

Hi

A few of the keynote slides in my presentation have more than 10 transitions. One has 42. I find it quite difficult to extract/edit certain text areas within the slide, as they are covered up by later entries. Like to see a keynote option similar to OS X's Expose, where the various components of a slide are separated for easy selection. I sent feedback to Apple.

Anyone develop an editing work-around for this type of situation?

Message was edited by: Host <to clarify subject>

iMac 2.4GHz 4 GB RAM, MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.5), WD Studio 750 gb HD, Canon iP4500 Printer, Airport Express (2 units)

Posted on Dec 11, 2008 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2011 2:27 PM

It is often easier to create multiple slides rather than pile animations on top of each other on a single slide. As long as the slides are identical in the relevant ways, your audience will not know that an effect is achieved by changing slides rather than changing animations.
2 replies

Jan 6, 2011 2:27 PM in response to Tulse

It is often easier to create multiple slides rather than pile animations on top of each other

Thanks for the suggestion. I figured as much, but became so involved with connecting images/text the slide became somewhat complicated for editing before I realized it. Still would be nice to see an expose type feature.

On another note, would be nice to see a one-step back feature when in play mode. If I want to revert to the last transition of a previous slide, I go back via the wireless pointer. However, the slide starts from the beginning rather than "one step back".

Beyond the above, I realize now it's better to keep slides on the "less is better" side of the fence.

Need an editing suggestion for slides with multiple transitions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.