Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ability to use airport and ethernet simultaneously

On my old MBP I was able to bring up both the ethernet and the airport at the same time (on different networks). I migrated everything over to my new MBP and now I can only have one or the other connect. The second connects, but never gets an IP address (both use DHCP). By turning off one or the other I can switch between interfaces, but never have them both alive at the same time. One is connected to a 10. network, one connected to a 192.168 net. I have tried creating a new location with just the two interfaces in there but the outcome is exactly the same.

Is there a limitation on the new MBP that does not allow both interfaces to be alive at the same time? I use this to connect to my work network on the physical interface and connect to my home wireless for local printing and NAS support.

Thanks

Dual 1.25 G4, MBP, MB, PB G4, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Dec 11, 2008 4:37 PM

4 replies

Dec 12, 2008 7:14 AM in response to Douglas Parks

Thanks for the responses... It appears that there is just a much longer delay in the responses for DHCP than there use to be. Got up and checked this morning and both were up. Very strange, but it appears that for some reason with a second interface a delay has been introduced somewhere. Perhaps a microcode issue on the ethernet controller.

ability to use airport and ethernet simultaneously

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.