Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

display flicker after firmware update, ~~~ANNOYING~~

Just updated to the new Firmware updates and am working in pages, and firefox, then the screen flickers black for a second and is normal, then a period of time later, it does it again. Its annoying!

My macbook is stock with NO 3rd part ram. Just a upgraded hard drive.

Other than than seems normal. Have yet to see battery issues, but still limited to 2.5 hours or so.

Anyone else having these similar problems?

Feels like the machine will shut down or die after the black screen, then hey! It's back! Kinda like a short intermission! 🙂

G4 500/1.4 G OWC, AGP Sawtooth 768 MB RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Dec 11, 2008 10:15 PM

3 replies

Jan 2, 2009 3:59 AM in response to Polaritypictures

I have the same problem. I don't upgraded anything. It bought my new MacBook this October and installed the updates every day they exist. With the latest update my screen flickers every bit of time. I don't know why, but, like polatirypictures siays, it is annoying!.
I wish apple team was working on that problem.
Has anybody heard something about that?

Jan 3, 2009 3:05 AM in response to napilut

I do not hold much hope for this to ever be fixed. The Apple Support said to send my MacBook back so they could test it.

The bad news is that I read somewhere that if you slightly pull out the DVI Adapter that it does not flash. I tested this configuration and did not get a flash while watching two Netflix Heroes 42 min instant plays. This does not work with the VGA Adapter only the DVI Adapter.

Bunch of %#$$@$.

Good luck,

MIke

display flicker after firmware update, ~~~ANNOYING~~

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.