Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Soundtrack Pro 1.1 quits unexpectedly. Please help!

I have just started working on a project in STP 1.1 that I exported from Final Cut Pro. It was working fine, but as soon as I quit and tried to re-open the project, STP 'quit unexpectedly'. I've tried to trash the preferences, and unselect 'Switch hardware sample rate to match document', but makes no difference.

Please help... I'm on a tight deadline for this project!

MacBook Pro 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Dec 11, 2008 11:23 PM

3 replies

Dec 12, 2008 12:10 AM in response to runswithtwohorses

How are you getting along with this? Have you tried opening the file as another user?

Did you have the CNSExceptionWrapper error? I am getting these so often that I am having to save copies of files every few minutes to get thru a project. Usually an overflow buffer, but another one that has corrupted a file.

Soundtrack pro is on 2.0.2 i think. Perhaps an update is in order, as that is always the first step of support.

Dec 12, 2008 12:35 AM in response to runswithtwohorses

I sure wish it worked well, cuz it works sweetly for sound design. My Logic Pro 8 is pretty buggy too. Thank goodness FCP has been good to us on our projects! = )

When I switch from clip waveform view back to the project sequence window I get one of these with a big yellow warning arrow:

CNSExceptionWrapper
type=16777216, error = 0, message = Could not read entire audio buffer.

And then I have to quit and restart it, and reopen my last save.

My files aren't too big (at least I think), my project is cut into 15 minute sequences.

Surely there are successful Soundtrack Pro users on this forum! Larry Jordan loves it, right?

Soundtrack Pro 1.1 quits unexpectedly. Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.