Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a note repeat function on Logic Pro?

Just switched to Logic Pro but I am used to sequencing with a MPC i.e. note repeat 🙂 Is there a note repeat function in Logic? It can be helpful when sequencing drums! If not, is there some other software that allow to to use note repeat on the logic instruments? Thanks

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Dec 12, 2008 6:34 PM

4 replies

Dec 12, 2008 10:42 PM in response to Ntuition

Hi,

press CMD-8 to open the environment window. Select "new - arpeggiator"

Now think how you want to trigger the arpeggiator. Do you want to trigger it with a MIDI Region? Or do you want to trigger it with live MIDI input (from a keyboard or so)?
Maybe you also have to select "new - physical input"

You can pull cables inside the environment window. pull a cable from the source trck or source input to the arpeggiator. Then pull another one from the arpeggiator to the drum track you want to trigger.

Now select the arpeggiator and set up the speed (1/8, 1/16 - what you want). Look in the manual for "arpeggiator".

Now the master-hint: The arpeggiator only functions when logic is running. So when stop or pause is pressed, no arpeggio 😉 So, start your song, only press 1 key and voila: there are the manymany drumdrumdrum bangbangs.

Have Fun, and good luck with the setup - i tried some time to get this right.

Fox

Is there a note repeat function on Logic Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.