Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New in-ear headphones volume button question..

Does volume and next, prev on new Apple in ear headphones work with iPod Touch... i heard that the volume doesn't work with 3G iPhone. that Apple thinks that since the iPhone has volume buttons on the iPhone you don't need to access them on the headhones... wah!! yeah... i love digging into my pocket to change volume and or track when i could just hit the button on my headphones? please tell me this is not true.. i was worried because 2G iPod Touch has volume buttons as well.. hopefully the same flawed logic doesn't apply.

Dual 2GHz G5 PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.5), AppleTV 40 Gig, AE Gigabit, 32GB iPod Touch

Posted on Dec 15, 2008 7:37 AM

3 replies

Dec 15, 2008 10:01 AM in response to Jim VanLeeuwen

thanks, i actually hadn't heard anything about iPod touch 2G compatibility only iPhone, that's why i asked.

but the page you point to does confirm that what i heard about iPhone volume control with the head phones is correct though.. read note number 5. for iPhone.

5. Mic and Center button supported; *volume (+/-) buttons are not supported*

i just wanted to know if the same was true of iPod Touch too.. thank goodness it isn't

New in-ear headphones volume button question..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.