Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mixed up album art?

Hello,

On my iPhone 3G much of the album art is all messed up. Depending up on the view (upright versus horizonal) some albums show and some don't and some show the wrong album art.

For example I downloaded the movie "Wanted". But today on the airplane one of my albums had a great picture of Angelina Jolie firing a pistol! I've never even watched the movie yet?

Is there a way to force the album art to reset/re-update or whatever?

MBP17 2.6ghz, 4gb, 250g HD, Intel MacMini 2gb, iPod 60gb video, iPhone 8G, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Dec 15, 2008 6:06 PM

8 replies

Dec 16, 2008 10:19 AM in response to Rockin' Robbins

To delete the music uncheck the albums you don't want to sync to your phone in the music pane in iTunes with your phone connected and sync after you made your selection.
Be sure to backup before and that you have the same music in iTunes, otherwise transfer your purchases. After you deleted the music on the phone, sync the music back again by selecting the desired albums or playlists in the music pane.
Here are some basics about the syncing process:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1386

Dec 21, 2008 6:02 AM in response to BKmacbook

I have not attempted to fix this yet and I'm wondering if it even is an issue yet... Here is why...

If my phone is in portrait mode then what is shown is often very strange. On one of my own compositions which has song art and everything associated with it, it often shows a random scene from the movie "Wanted" which I ordered and downloaded.

But with a few other songs it shows either the music symbol or pictures that don't make sense but with one song done by a friend of mine it showed a scrolling list of his lyrics to the song!

Yes that is right! This is song composed by a friend of mine and uploaded to MacJams. It has song art, lyrics etc. Well as it was playing on the airplane home yesterday it showed a beautiful scrolling list of his lyrics in portrait mode, in landscape mode his song art displayed.

It seems like in landscape mode the song art is ALWAYS correct but what is shown in portrait mode almost looks like it is looking at a different field in the music file resource data.

I went to settings to see if there was some hidden feature that had gotten turned on but didn't see anything. My friends song was the first song that has ever given me a scrolling list of lyrics while playing!

I tried to do a screen shot (I thought you held home for a while) but when I did that the iPod quit after a few seconds and everything returned home.

Just to be clear... The ipod works beautifully and plays the correct music etc. It is JUST what is displayed in portrait mode which is strange. The fact that in landscape mode it shows every song art correctly makes me thing this is more than a simple mix up art case.

Any thoughts?

Dec 22, 2008 1:31 PM in response to MarkRHolbrook

I just wanted to add I have the same problem- the album art seems jumbled. I have done some searching, and it seems this has been an ongoing problem reported for at least two years, and that loading the albums first with no album art, then again with album art seems to be the most commonly suggested remedy. It would be better if we could find out what the root problem is so it never happens in the first place.

Dec 23, 2008 7:00 AM in response to zengo

Album art has been a right dog's breakfast since 2.2. In coverflow mode it's largely ok, although there are two albums which do not even come up with the apple logo on black background in coverflow. There's just an empty space with the caption at the bottom, but you can tap the "empty" space to flip it round to show the track listing! In list view there are black spaces but the artwork is visble in the individual album view....and vice versa! Just today I got a new variation of...correct art in coverflow, black space in list....and the top third of the cover in individual album view!

First time an update seems to have caused a problem for me.

Mixed up album art?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.