Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Mixed up album art?

3000 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2008 7:00 AM by AKRBTN RSS
MarkRHolbrook Level 1 Level 1 (135 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 15, 2008 6:06 PM
Hello,

On my iPhone 3G much of the album art is all messed up. Depending up on the view (upright versus horizonal) some albums show and some don't and some show the wrong album art.

For example I downloaded the movie "Wanted". But today on the airplane one of my albums had a great picture of Angelina Jolie firing a pistol! I've never even watched the movie yet?

Is there a way to force the album art to reset/re-update or whatever?
MBP17 2.6ghz, 4gb, 250g HD, Intel MacMini 2gb, iPod 60gb video, iPhone 8G, Mac OS X (10.5)
  • Ingo2711 Level 6 Level 6 (16,815 points)
    Dec 15, 2008 11:24 PM (in response to MarkRHolbrook)
    What about the album art on your MPB? If not messed up, delete the albums on your iPhone and sync them back again.
    MBP 17'' 2,16GHz, 2GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.5.5), iMac 2,4Ghz, ipod 5G-Video 60GB, iPhone3G
  • Rockin\' Robbins Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    Dec 16, 2008 9:56 AM (in response to Ingo2711)
    I have the same problem. How do you delete the albums on the iPhone? The music and art?
    Compaq, Windows XP
  • Ingo2711 Level 6 Level 6 (16,815 points)
    Dec 16, 2008 10:19 AM (in response to Rockin\' Robbins)
    To delete the music uncheck the albums you don't want to sync to your phone in the music pane in iTunes with your phone connected and sync after you made your selection.
    Be sure to backup before and that you have the same music in iTunes, otherwise transfer your purchases. After you deleted the music on the phone, sync the music back again by selecting the desired albums or playlists in the music pane.
    Here are some basics about the syncing process:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1386
    MBP 17'' 2,16GHz, 2GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.5.6), iMac 2,4Ghz, ipod 5G-Video 60GB, iPhone3G
  • BKmacbook Calculating status...
    Dec 16, 2008 5:32 PM (in response to MarkRHolbrook)
    This happened to me too after upgrading to 10.5.6. If I'm able to fix it tonight, I'll post what I did.
    iMac (aluminum) 24" 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / MacBook Core Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.6)
  • BKmacbook Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Dec 20, 2008 8:52 PM (in response to MarkRHolbrook)
    With my iPhone connected, in iTunes on the Music tab, I simply unchecked "Sync Music," synced the iPhone, which removed all the music, re-checked "Sync Music" and synced again, which re-added it all. This resolved the problem.
    iMac (aluminum) 24" 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / MacBook Core Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.6)
  • zengo Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Dec 22, 2008 1:31 PM (in response to MarkRHolbrook)
    I just wanted to add I have the same problem- the album art seems jumbled. I have done some searching, and it seems this has been an ongoing problem reported for at least two years, and that loading the albums first with no album art, then again with album art seems to be the most commonly suggested remedy. It would be better if we could find out what the root problem is so it never happens in the first place.
    MacBook Pro 2.6GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.6), iPhone 3G, Airport Extreme and Express
  • AKRBTN Level 3 Level 3 (995 points)
    Dec 23, 2008 7:00 AM (in response to zengo)
    Album art has been a right dog's breakfast since 2.2. In coverflow mode it's largely ok, although there are two albums which do not even come up with the apple logo on black background in coverflow. There's just an empty space with the caption at the bottom, but you can tap the "empty" space to flip it round to show the track listing! In list view there are black spaces but the artwork is visble in the individual album view....and vice versa! Just today I got a new variation of...correct art in coverflow, black space in list....and the top third of the cover in individual album view!

First time an update seems to have caused a problem for me.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.