Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

Looks like I spoke too soon. deimos.apple.com resolves, but the app I use to log in as administrator is still not working. This is the error now:

ITunesU.invokeAction(): I/O Exception

This code was working prior to Dec 13 and has not changed. Any suggestions on where I can start looking? (or maybe some way to find out more information on exactly what is failing?)

G4 400 PCI, Mac OS X (10.2.x), Single Proc, Third Party DVD

Posted on Dec 18, 2008 5:38 PM

5 replies

Dec 18, 2008 7:11 PM in response to Duncan Bernhardt

Port? Hm. I'm not seeing any special ports in the connection string.

I've got only a basic knowledge of Java, so I've been stumbling around producing debug output at various steps along the way. So far, it looks like things are bombming when the iTunesU.invokeAction(url, token) method is called. (Probably not a surprise.) I haven't traced in to that method, but I did dump the URL and TOKEN out.

URL
https://deimos.apple.com/WebObjects/Core.woa/Browse/---.edu

TOKEN (edited for obvious reasons)
credentials=Administrator%40urn%3Amace%3Aitunesu.com%3Asites%3A---.edu&identity= %22---------%28---%29%22%3C---------%40---.edu%3E%28Administrator%29%5B10%5D&tim e=1229655801&signature=---------(64 characters)----------

I submitted this around 7pm PST -- (made sure my server clock was in sync with a time provider while I was at it.)

Does that help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.