Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't detect my Mini anymore :-(

I am running iTunes 5.0.1 (Max OS X) with my iPod Mini. Yesterday I bought a Shuffle to use while running/biking. I had read it was possible to run two iPods off the same machine. I put my new Shuffle in the USB slot, after it was detected - I named it and filled it up with some songs from my existing iTunes library and it works fine. The only problem now is iTunes no longer detects my iPod Mini anymore when i connect it via Firwire or USB cable. It lights up and says 'Do Not Disconnect' but that's it. It DOES NOT appear on the left pane of iTunes. Same deal even when i eject & unplug the shuffle and re-attach the Mini. I've tried updating software, by downloading iPod Updater but it does not allow me to complete the instalation process. Any advice or is this a hopeless cause?

Posted on Sep 27, 2005 7:46 AM

1 reply

Oct 4, 2005 2:27 AM in response to Nihar Shah

the cause is simple

the ipod shuffle uses a differrent type of driver for the ipod
shuffle

so when you connected the ipod shuffle to the computer itunes reset itself automaticly for the shuffle and no longer recongnizes the ipod mini i ran into this problem

the only fix and you are not going to like this is reset the intire macintosh

basicly formatting and starting again

Can't detect my Mini anymore :-(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.