Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firewall blocking apple TV ?

I just did the update to 10.5.6 so that may or may not be relevant. I am trying to figure out how to turn OFF the firewall. I have it set to allow all incoming connections. (Wouldn't that be turning it off?) I have been trying to get my apple TV to see the computer, which it always has done until this past day or two. Despite my firewall acceptance of incoming, in the firewall log there is an obtuse message "blocked cupsd data in from 192.168.0.6:631 uid=0 proto = 17. 192.168.0.6 is the fixed IP address for my apple tv. It does not look to me like it is allowing all incoming! Can anyone advise as to how I might fix this? It is obvious in the log that my apple tv is trying to connect...that message is duplicated every minute or so.
Thanks for any help.

Imac Intel 2.4 ghz 24 in screen, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Dec 19, 2008 11:27 AM

2 replies

Dec 19, 2008 11:39 AM in response to bkenney1

Open System Preferences/Security Information regarding Firewall:

To turn on/off firewall protection:
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security, and then click Firewall.
Open the Firewall pane of Security preferences
If some settings are dimmed, click the lock icon and type an administrator name and password.

Select the level of firewall protection:

To allow remote connection of applications and services to this computer, select “Allow all incoming connections.”

To have the firewall prevent incoming connections from services and applications, select “Allow only essential services.”

Essential services are a set of applications that allow your computer to find services provided by other computers on the network. This setting prevents connections from all other sharing and application services.

If you want to alter the default firewall connections for an application or service, select “Set access for specific services and applications.” For more information about firewall connections, see:

Setting firewall access for services and applications

To add an application, click Add +, and then select the application in the dialog that appears.

To change whether to allow incoming connections on a application or service, click the up and down arrows next to the item on the list, and then choose a setting from the pop-up menu.

Please update your profile to indicate you have updated to 10.5.6 Simply click: My Settings on the right side of this window. Thank you!

Carolyn 🙂

Message was edited by: Carolyn Samit

Firewall blocking apple TV ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.