Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod new software download

I recently recieved an email notification about the new version of software for the iPod mini, tried to download it, but was unsuccessfull. I'm using Windows XP Home Edition and now whenever I try to reload my original CD I get an error message telling me that there's already a newer version of the software and the download stops. I tried going in and deleting all existing software but this still didn't do the trick. Perhaps I'm missing something and not getting all of the original software removed before reinstalling the original CD. Any help would be greatly appreciated, whether it's getting the new download on the computer or the original CD reinstalled.

thanks in advance
Tim

Posted on Aug 25, 2005 6:40 PM

6 replies

Aug 26, 2005 4:42 AM in response to crazydiamond23

I was trying to reload the software that came with the unit because everything else I tried had failed. What I need is information on how to completely delete any Apple software from the system so it will accept either the new version or the old--at this point I really don't care which one--I'd just like to have one of the programs back on the computer. Everytime I try to download either one the system is telling me that a newer version already exists but I cannot find this "newer version" anywhere.

Tim

Aug 26, 2005 7:48 PM in response to crazydiamond23

Thanks Mr. Bond--I have successfully removed all iTunes software and installed the new updated version. I was actually uninstalling correctly--it was the last step of the process that was missing--deleting the remaining folders in the C drive. Once that was done everything worked just fine and now I'm back in business.

Thanks for you help
Tim

Aug 28, 2005 8:09 AM in response to James Bond 007

hi there. I am experiencing the same thing as tim. I have recently had my computer back to get a new CPU. I lost all my music on the computer hich was ok as i still have it on ipod. today i downloaded the update ipod and it wnt ok. I tried to copy one song across to the ipod and the computer froze and now my ipod is showing the folder and the exclaimation mark . I have followed all the steps do get it reloaded but the computer will not read the initialisation of the update. The original disk works but i cannot use anything to make my ipod work. I put it in disk mode and the whole thing shut down. I live in vietnam and have no access to apple servicing. Please help

iPod new software download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.