Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i-Tunes can't find all the music in my Itunes Music folder

I moved to a new PC and my i-Tunes transfer is not going well. i-Tunes can't locate the files for a huge chunk of music ("the original file can't be found"), even though I can see that all the files are in the i-Tunes music folder. 99% of my files are imported from my own CDs. Consolidating didn't work - I think it just duplicated every song. I've deleted the library and tried to import the Library XML file but that only shrinks the library to the files it can find. I can't seem to solve this riddle!

Dell desktop, Windows Vista

Posted on Dec 25, 2008 5:48 AM

1 reply

Dec 25, 2008 7:03 AM in response to MHLEV

I am having the same difficulty- except that I have a new ipod . Trying to sync the new ipod with my existing library produces the error msg (file cannot be found): my music files are visible, and are imported from my own CD's also.

Without any idea how to fix this, I have deleted the library list, and recopied the files to the library, and am syncing this way. Frustrating tho!

i-Tunes can't find all the music in my Itunes Music folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.