Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound under bootcamp XP SP3

I just installed Windows XP SP2 and updated it to SP3 under bootcamp. I did the bootcamp 2.1 update, and installed the drivers from the leopard disk. However, I still have no sound, either in my headphones or in the built-in speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6), Late 2008

Posted on Dec 25, 2008 6:18 PM

15 replies

Jan 12, 2009 5:56 PM in response to Alex Bernstein

Alex,

It would be more helpful in the future if you were more specific on if you solved the problem and exactly how. Links are always helpful.

That being said, continuing with Alex's suggestion, I went to Realtek's website and downloaded the driver:
http://www.realtek.com/downloads/
At the lower left, you'll see a link to "HD Audio Codec Driver." Download and install this. It solved my problem.

My setup and symptoms: Windows XP3 in a FAT32 formatted Boot Camp partition. After the update to XP3, the sound wasn't working. Sound worked fine in Leopard, but when booting into boot camp, no sound came from the speakers. Also, there was a red light coming from the headphone jack.

May 5, 2009 4:07 AM in response to alexbstl

I've got the same problem but my imac is running SP2.

I get a yellow "!" on one of my PCI sound devices but updating the drivers or trying to activate it will not work. it says that the device is working correctly however "it is possible that another program is running" so making the device not working properly.

the thing is. yesterday when I shut down the mac. everything was working fine. the sound was coming out of the speaker perfectly.

I did try to tweak something though, trying to fix my microphone problem, So I guess i'm the problem but now there seem to be no way of fixing this.

I tried reinstalling all drivers from the mac CD but nothing works. please help 😟

No sound under bootcamp XP SP3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.