Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch, Nike + AND Timex iControl watch?

I have a 2nd gen ipod touch, a nike plus sensor (with over priced sneakers). Does any one know if the Timex iControl watch (and sensor) will work with the touch?

I'm concerned that they will not all be compatible. Should I just get the nike watch as an alternative?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Dec 27, 2008 6:31 AM

9 replies

Dec 27, 2008 6:51 AM in response to Booker1987

If I recall, the Nike Amp doesn't work with the Touch but just to be sure, I'd check the Nike site and/or search the discussions. There was a thread about it a couple of months back. I'd do the same sort of research for the Timex iControl.

By the way, you don't actually have to use Nikes. The little key pouches that attach to your laces work fine. Marware also has some purpose made pouches. The generic key pouches are cheaper, though. I bought one at my local running store.

Dec 27, 2008 7:48 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I'm having trouble getting the Nike + sensor detected on its own. I know it works with my nano. I shouldn't need the receiver for the touch, correct? The 2nd gen version should have a receiver within the hardware.

I was looking to use the internal receiver to link with the Nike+ sensor and the Timex receiver to link with the watch and use the iControl feature. The watch and the Timex receiver link without any trouble and the functions work. I see there are a number of posts regarding trouble with the Nike sensor and the touch 2nd gen.

I've tried the restore route and the on/off routine. Not sure where to go next. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dec 28, 2008 8:57 AM in response to Booker1987

According to the timex site icontrol does not work with the touch or the most recent nano either.
http://www.timex.com/gp/node/n/364827011?ie=UTF8&timexBrand=core
"Control for your iPod

The iControl™ watch transmits signals seamlessly to your iPod so you can control your music in a heartbeat. Change songs and volume without breaking stride.

Designed to work with your body and coordinate with your iPod, the iControl watch is sleek and comfortable to wear - with all the features you need for running around the track or traveling around the world.

Compatible with: iPod 5th generation (video - 30, 60 and 80gb), iPod nano 1st and 2nd generation (1, 2, 4 and 8gb)"

iPod Touch, Nike + AND Timex iControl watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.