Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Diablo 2 work in bootcamp or parallels with the Intel GMA X3100?

I have the Intel GMA X3100 graphics card on my new macbook which seems to be incompatible with Diablo 2. Usually you have to install a beta copy to run it, which is incompatible with Battle.net. If I install parallels or boot camp, will I be able to play Diablo 2 on battle.net?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.5), Leopard

Posted on Dec 27, 2008 12:37 PM

8 replies

Dec 30, 2008 1:23 AM in response to amarin

You need to use the Diablo II native installer.
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20758

So, you download it, run it, and it will ask you to insert your play discs.

But for myself that didn't work. The game was originally written for OS 9 so it seems to have issues I think.

If that native installer doesn't work then you can install windows on boot camp. All you need is a copy of XP SP2 disc or Vista SP1. Then you can run the boot camp utility (That will create disc space for windows, or called partitioning). I would recommend running any games in boot camp than parallels/VMware fusion. In virtualization(What parallels/VMware does) you're running windows on top of OS X, which eats up a lot more hardware resources.

Smerky

Dec 31, 2008 11:08 AM in response to amarin

nope, Apple and Blizzard still have not connected with the latest OS 10.5.6, Diablo II hasn't worked on my macbook since 10.5.2 or 10.5.3....it is very poor planning and development on Apple's part. Blizzard seems to be willing to help fix it but Macbooks still dont have updated 256 colors and other graphic issues. Many people still play this almost 10 year old game everyday.....It's pretty much amazing

Dec 31, 2008 1:08 PM in response to Giambroni07

That is odd... I have 10.5.6 on my new MacBook and Diablo II runs fine on my machine, so I know it works.

Perhaps you can drag out your Save folder out of your Diablo II folder, nuke Diablo II and start over from scratch with the OS X installer? Let all the patches run to the latest version, of course, and put a copy of your Save folder back where it goes. Like I said, it's working on my machine, so perhaps there is something corrupted in your install...

Will Diablo 2 work in bootcamp or parallels with the Intel GMA X3100?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.