Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am SICK OF THIS. take some responsibility apple and HELP.

I am having the same problem a LOT of others are. my ipod is not recognized my my PC after the last itunes came out. for weeks i have been trying everything imaginable. my cable is fine, my ipod is fine, my usb port is fine, my pc is fine. ive tested the cable and ipod on another pc and they work. ive tested other devices on the usb port and tried all ports. works FINE.

ive tried tons of uninstall/reinstall/old version/blahblah bull to try and fix this.

everyone is having this problem right after the itunes software was updated. this is OBVIOUSLY a problem caused by the itunes software itself.

so i call up support, and they want $50 something to get support. this is total bull. you do not release software that causes hardware to not function properly, and then charge the customers to fix your own mistake.

I am absolutely disgusted with the lack of help i have received from apple regarding this matter. this needs to be corrected at APPLE's expense, not ours. i dont know what else to say, i am so furious.

Posted on Oct 14, 2005 7:02 AM

22 replies

Oct 14, 2005 10:05 AM in response to Caroline Tennant

I have also called apple on the phone, and their only solution for me is to pay $50 something for a protection plan. that is borderline extortion in my opinion as they are the cause for the problem in the first place.

I plan on calling them again and demanding to speak to a supervisor. if they say no, i will ask for their superior, and so on.

this is absolute trash.

Oct 15, 2005 7:18 AM in response to automator

ashley, no that is not the problem. i have even restored the ipod completely.

this is not something that is user fixable or that i am just too stupid to figure out. i know what i am doing. this is a problem caused by apple, as the problem for EVERYONE having this problem coincides with the itunes update.

the only way people are going to get this fixed is if apple gives us the FREE help we deserve on this.

I suggest anyone having this problem call apple and demand to speak to a supervisor. i will be doing so today. ill post back after.

Oct 18, 2005 5:13 PM in response to Matt Turek

Uninstall All versions of iTunes and iPod updaters, restart your computer, and start the setups FROM THE CD YOU GOT WITH YOUR IPOD. It should then be recognised.if you are using a USB 2.0 PCI Expansion card, try using the ports that were already on the motherboard of your computer. My PC had troubles accessing my iPod properly when I was using an Expansion card. I tested three, all from different manufactures, different chipsets, all caused problems with my Mini.

If this does not work, try using another computer to access your iPod/Format it and plug it back into your normal one to see if it makes a difference.

Oct 19, 2005 2:23 AM in response to Colin Inglis

Same is happening to me... My ipod screen freezed for more than 10 hours now... It says disk mode, ok to disconnect... it's not even connected to pc... & i cant get the flippin ipod to play or reset or anything... it just freezed... all this after i just updated the new itunes.... Not the first time it happens... Everytime a new itunes is released, i get problems trying to get the ipod connected to pc 😟

I am SICK OF THIS. take some responsibility apple and HELP.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.