Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can One Create Albums in iTunes?

I have a lot of individual mp3 files of very old non-copyrighted records downloaded from the internet. Each song shows up as a separate album in iTunes. Is there any way to put all of the files into a single iTunes album? Thanks for any suggestions.

Dell Dimension 8300, Windows XP

Posted on Dec 28, 2008 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2008 7:23 PM

Change the album tag on all of the tracks to the same name.
5 replies

Dec 28, 2008 7:38 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thank you, Meg. I thought this was the answer...but I've been shot down so many times...I hesitate to offer advice anymore.

To expand on Meg's suggestion...to tag all of these albums with the same album title, you'll have to right click on the song...choose get info. and then right click when the song opens and choose the "info" tab. Under the album line you'll have to enter your new Rap compilation title in the "Album" box.

WARNING: MAKE SURE THIS MATCHES FOR EVERYTHING YOU ENTER! (or things won't match up!)

In addition, I would make sure the "part of a compilation" box is checked. Then save everything and hope for the best!

Dec 28, 2008 7:54 PM in response to Nachteule

Hi

iTunes is mainly sorting your songs after 'Artist' and 'Album title'.
Example: The Beatles - Abbey Road

There can also be different Artists on the same album (Compilation or Soundtrack).
Example: Various Artists - Best Of The 80's

I'm guessing that you want to create your own self made "album" with different songs and artists?.

Just select the songs you want - right-click - Get info. Then fill in the desired album title - then click on 'Options' and select 'Yes' on 'Part of a Compilation'.

Now you have your album. But still the track numbers may be all messed up.
Just right-click on the song that you want to have as number 1 - get info - edit the track number field so it says 1.
Then do the same to the rest.

Let's say that your album compilation has 18 tracks. Select all tracks - Get info - add the number 18 in the "of" track number section (out of 18)
You can also fill in "disc 1 of 1" if you want.

All you need now is the album artwork.
If you're up to it then you can create your own in a photo editor program, or you can find an image on the internet and save it on your computer.

To add your album artwork:
Select all songs of the album - right-click - Get info - double-click inside the 'Artwork' squared field - locate the image on computer - click OK.

Now you should have your own self made album!

However, you could also just create a new playlist - name it - drag the songs you want into it. Then you'll have all the songs together!. You can also re-arrange the playing order by just dragging the songs to where you want them.

Good luck.

Jan 14, 2009 11:53 AM in response to Thomas Sjöholm

That's the exact method I ended up using. I selected all of my songs that I imported from my 'misc songs' folder and changed all of their album titles to 'misc playlist songs'. But for some reason there are now about 40 new albums of just 1 song although they're all named exactly the same. They are all set as compilation. This program is way cool but I swear it's the biggest headache.

*UPDATE*

I figured it out! I just needed to delete the 'Album Artist' field. Voila!

Message was edited by: GalinMcMahon

Can One Create Albums in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.