Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print from FedEx.com using Zebra ZP500 Thermal Label Printer

Has anyone successfully been able to print from FedEx.com to a Zebra ZP 500 thermal label printer using a Mac? I am currently running OSX 10.5.6 on a brand new iMac. I just switched over my entire office from Windows PCs to Mac OS and I am running into a number of issues with software/application compatibility with Mac OS. I need to be able to print thermal shipping labels from our Macs using the Zebra ZP 500.

We run Windows Vista through VMware Fusion however and can print to the Zebra ZP500 via this route but it is not a first choice and it is a very time consuming process. Further I want to be able to share the printer on our network so that others can print shipping labels to the thermal printer.

From the research I have done it seems that Zebra does not make drivers that support Mac OS. I have found a good work around for this problem by purchasing the Peninsula Thermal Driver ( http://www.peninsula-group.com/Driver/Default.html) product which supports the Zebra printer I have. With this product I am able to add my Zebra ZP500 printer and the Peninsula Driver to support the printer, and I can add the printer to my printers list. I can also successfully print various documents to the ZP500 without issue.

The problem that I am having is that you must print FedEx.com shipping labels by using an embedded "print" button on the FedEx.com website to successfully print just the thermal label. If I go to File>Print it will print the entire page to the printer/label, rather than just the shipping label. If I use the embedded "print" button on the page the printer spits out a blank label.

The FedEx.com website states that you must have Java™ 2 Runtime Environment (JRE) Standard Edition 1.4.1_02 or 1.5.0_03 installed on your computer in order to print shipping labels, however I understand this plugin is for Windows OS only.

Does anyone have any information that will help?

THANK YOU User uploaded file

iMac 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Dec 29, 2008 6:14 PM

2 replies

Dec 30, 2008 2:57 PM in response to greg sahli

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried to print in Both Safari 3.2.1 and Firefox 3.0.5 without any luck. It still prints out a blank sheet print the thermal printer, however with both I can go to File>Print and the entire page will print to the thermal printer.

I have downloaded the latest Java for mac applet and still no luck ( http://support.apple.com/downloads/Javafor_Mac_OS_X_10_5_Update2 ).

Any suggestions here?

I really need to figure this out!

Thanks...

Print from FedEx.com using Zebra ZP500 Thermal Label Printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.