Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pulsing Green Light

I use an Airport Express as my router at home. It has always worked fine. As of this morning, neither my iMac G5 or my PowerBook can access the internet via airport.

Neither computer sees my network. If I unplug my ethernet cable from my Airport express and plug it directly into my laptop, I can access the internet, so I do not think the problem is my modem of ISP.

My Airport Express has a flashing, or pulsing green light. I have never seen this before nor been able to find anything about it in the forums.

Any ideas?

I have a iMac G5 running Tiger 10.4

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Dec 30, 2008 8:18 AM

3 replies

Dec 30, 2008 8:27 AM in response to davidw

AirPort Express status light (LED) behavior and meanings

This document says it flashes for a second on power up, and to indicate "network traffic during normal use" if you've selected that option.

Not helpful, since you seem to have lost your wireless network. I'd try a "hard reset" ( http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1450). If that doesn't work I'd begin to suspect it might be defective.

Dec 30, 2008 8:28 AM in response to davidw

My suggestion is to reset your AirPort. Next to the audio output is a very small "button". If you have poor vision, get our glasses on to se it. Use a pen or paperclip to press this down for about 15 seconds. The green light will go orange, you will get a bunch of flashing and it should come back to life. This is basically totally resetting your AirPort.

Mind you, it will have a different "name" (Something like Apple03f76a245c298) and will no longer be password protected.

I talked my brother through this last night and it worked fine.

Pulsing Green Light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.