Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Life???

I was wondering if with the iphone you had to drain the battery completly before you charge it the first time?

HP

Posted on Dec 31, 2008 10:54 AM

3 replies

Dec 31, 2008 11:09 AM in response to General21

I don't believe Apple recommends doing so. Draining the battery completely followed by a complete charge will calibrate the battery indicator.

Copied from this link.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it’s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

Dec 31, 2008 12:13 PM in response to JoeZinVA

But I get 12 hours on the built in battery, and I'm pretty much addicted to the phone, especially for email, web access, not that many calls. I charge once per day.

So you are either more addicted than I am, or your battery may be going out, or, more likely, your charge circuitry never gets a chance to calibrate it self by running into the red.

In the normal course of use, I end up running the battery into the red once or twice a month, thereby satisfying Apples recommendation to drain the battery at least once a month to calibrate the battery charge circuitry.

I wonder if the Slider doesn't protect the iphone battery TOO MUCH?

Battery Life???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.