Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tascam US-122L

I got this interface about a month ago and it was working fine the first time and maybe the second time I used it. (I hadn't had a lot of time to record, so I didn't use it again until December 20 something.) But now it won't work. It's recognized as connected, but when I try to record on Garageband, nothing happens. It picks up no sound, and shows that no sound is being played. I know that everything is hooked up right because when I turn the computer input dial down and the phones dial up, everything sounds fine.

I tried taking it out and putting it back in and restarting the computer multiple times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4), Garageband 4.1.2

Posted on Jan 1, 2009 8:06 AM

11 replies

Apr 19, 2009 4:12 PM in response to Muttonhead

I also own a tascam us-122l and it does sometimes act funny. Even if it's set as the primary input, output and everything, set up to work with GB properly, it doesn't make a note.

I don't know what does that, try closing GB, re pluging the us-122l, re-opening GB. That usually does the trick. If all else fails, restart the computer.

Message was edited by: Host

Jan 5, 2009 8:22 AM in response to S.K. JACOBSEN DESIGN

I have problems with my Tascam US-122 as well (I have the older version). I have never got it to work correctly on my Mac, but on a PC. The problem is that the computer seem to process the signals a lot and only send fragments of sound through the interface. An example: I start computer, connect interface and plug in a pair of headphones. Then I throw some documents in the 'garbage can' but there is no sound instantly. About 15 seconds later half the sound of throwing something in the garbage can sounds in my headphones, and after another 30 seconds the rest of the sound appears. I've checked everything I can come up with, but with no result.

Jan 5, 2009 9:25 AM in response to Muttonhead

Even though you think nothing has changed go to "preferences" in Garageband and make sure the US-122 is still assigned as the input device. Sometimes GB can lose the settings.

Also download the latest drivers from Tascam in case they have somehow been corrupted. I've had to reload the drivers a couple of times for my US-122 when it stopped working.

Good luck!

Cheers

Dick

Mar 30, 2009 8:43 AM in response to Muttonhead

Someone please HELP ME!!!

First, sorry my bad English...

I'm trying to use my Eletric Piano Yamaha P-70 in my iMac Aluminium with the TASCAM 122L.

I Change in the iMac's AUDIO/MIDI window to my TASCAN 122L.

I also changed in the GB, the MIDI settings to the TASCAM.

But NO SOUND!!!

The strange thing is, if i put the MIDI cable in the TASCAM'S MIDI OUT and Piano's MIDI IN and in the iMac's AUDIO/MIDI window, I test, i CAN read the sound test in the Piano. But if I put Piano's MIDI OUT and TASCAM's MIDI IN, No Sound

If I use the Microphone in TASCAM's Line, everything is FINE. Just the MIDI have Problem.

I hope that someone can help me...

Thanks!!!!

Tascam US-122L

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.