Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing various artists CDs to iTunes

Question:

Anyone know how to stop iTunes from breaking up various artist and compilation albums when I import them from my hard drive? I would like to keep these albums together as the artist intended and not have them broken into a dozen different albums each containing 1 or 2 songs.

I have just recieved a brand new iPod Classic for Christmas and am on the verge of taking it back to the store and getting my money refunded. I simply want to import my music from my hard drive into iTunes and then sycronise my iPod to transfer it to my new toy. Is it too much to ask that the software will not rearrange my music, in particular breaking up all my various artists CDs into many smaller albums with the same name but only one artist per album. Does anyone know what can I do to stop this happening as I would like to be able to play these albums as the artists originally meant them to be played. I realise that I could create playlists with all the songs from one album grouped into one playlist. BUT and this is the big BUT, I don't see why I should have to do this because of a poorly concieved bit of programing. Please help before I break something out of frustration 😟

<Edited by Moderator>

Windows XP

Posted on Jan 3, 2009 6:09 AM

2 replies

Importing various artists CDs to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.