Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

import from Sony hdr-tg3e from disk

Hi All,

I have this wonderful camera and the files do import straight from the camera into iMovie.

However, as a backup, I have also copied the memory-stick file-structure 1:1 to one of my hard-disks.
Now I am trying to import these file from that disk but by the looks that is not possible.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your assistance
Pim

PB, iMac, G5, MacBookPro, Mac Pro, MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 2*23" Cinema's

Posted on Jan 4, 2009 12:15 PM

2 replies

Jan 4, 2009 12:58 PM in response to Pim Versteeg

Am I missing something?
Yes. Files imported from the camcorder, memory stick, DVDs, HDDs, or images thereof, are processed by the "Import from Camera.." module which performs file conversions as needed. Files processed by the finder are imported using the "Import Movies..." module which does not perform any file conversions. Try imaging the content to a DMG file and then "mounting it." If all goes well, iMovie '07 will assume the mounted image file is either a mounted camcorder or mounted memory-stick and re-import the files properly.

User uploaded file

import from Sony hdr-tg3e from disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.