Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dead shuffle?

this first generation 512MG seems to be dead - just looking for a confirmation here.
1. most recent i-tunes in both PC and Mac do not recognize it
2. tried in both a PC and my Mac - not in device manager or system profiler
3. no lights when connected on a variety of ports - not even the battery light

BUT - and here is the curious point - shuffle plays just fine!! Does not appear to be charging when plugged into computer or wall adaptor.

Does anyone have any voodoo suggestions to get this WORKING mp3 player back up and running?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

PB15 1.67GHz/2GB, AEBS,4GB iPod,G-Raid 320GB (FW800)HD, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jan 4, 2009 6:10 PM

1 reply

Jan 26, 2009 2:47 AM in response to Leigh-Ann

try this........"hey ppl.....god has been kind...finally got thru the 1st step....formatted to FAT32 and now my pod shows 489MB......the catch was that the present reset softwares and itunes dont work at all...dunno why...used older version of reset utility....uninstalled all other versions of itunes,reset softwares etc. bfore that....and IT WORKED!!!!
Heres the link....use it while it lasts..... http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/236423/apple-ipod-shuffle-reset-utility-1.0.1- windows-2000-xp-free-download.html
"

dead shuffle?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.