Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows Users can't hear my audio files - Help -

Hi iWeb fellow users from sunny Australia,

I'm so pleased with my website that I've done with iWeb but only one problem...some people (pc/windows users) can't hear my audio files/media files that I have incorporated from itunes. This is really really important to me as I am a musician trying to make money for cancer research from my music. Should I add a link to a download for Quicktime or Flash or ??

If you need to check out the website to help me with this it is:

http://web.me.com/deehandyside

THANK YOU SO MUCH,
Dee

imac, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Jan 6, 2009 2:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2009 4:56 AM

iWeb writes page code that calls the QuickTime Player browser plug-in.
It is required to play your .m4a files
5 replies

Jan 6, 2009 8:38 AM in response to Dee Handyside

The statistics claim that over 90% of surfers have Adobe® Flash Player. This is why I stopped using QT over a year ago.
You can put your QT files in an iFrame to overcome the problem but flash is a much better way to go.
I'm in the process of building a website about all this but I'm having problems fitting it into all the other things I have to do!
If you click my name in the sidebar to get my email I will give you some alternative methods of playing music files on your website.

Windows Users can't hear my audio files - Help -

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.