Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pro tools won't launch

Anyone know how to ;aunch Pro tools after security update?

imac, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Jan 6, 2009 5:41 PM

7 replies

Jan 10, 2009 6:57 PM in response to mick martin

I was having the same problem this morning. I was planning to do some keyboard overdubs at a friend's house, and wasted 2 hours trying to get Pro Tools 7.3 to launch on my Macbook (Tiger, 10.4.11). I uninstalled and reinstalled Pro Tools, then did every single thing trouble shooting tip I could find on the net, twice! Somehow, Pro Tools started to work again. I think launching Pro Tools through Terminal helped, and also that 'prebinding' thing. Not sure exactly what it made it work again, but my advice would be to just do everything listed on the trouble shooting page.

Jan 14, 2009 7:52 AM in response to mick martin

Strange...
I did some maintenance stuff using Onyx, and my Pro Tools stopped working again. So I reinstalled everything again, still didn't get it to work. Then I created a different account, and accessed Pro Tools under that account. Pro Tools miraculously started working again.
So my advice to all you PT users out there who are having problems, create a new account, log into that instead and see if Pro Tools decides to actually launch.

Jan 14, 2009 8:45 AM in response to rennyz

There is a Digidesign support forum thread on this subject at
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=233621

For those with ProTools 7.3.1, there is a new (1/13/09) post there (second page) from their tech support:
-------
Administrator

Default Re: Problems after Security Update 2008-008
For anyone experiencing this issue, we now have a beta version of the installers (HD, LE, MP) that should work. Please keep in mind these are beta, so back up your system before installing!

You'll need the DigiDelivery client software to download:

DigiDelivery Client Software|

And then use this link to download the installers (single package at the moment, 382MB):

dgd://EC42B0E59F9AE6C8B72FA141437CC5...-e2n3zy9hax39s

This is only for those on 7.3.1 - anyone on 7.1.1 will need to do the archive and reinstall.

Go to that forum page
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=233621&page=2
to get the actual links.

Feb 8, 2009 6:57 PM in response to mick martin

After I did all the hoopla with the troubleshooting crap for two days, okay 14 hours, I still had no luck.
For whatever reason, this was successful. Hold on to your seat.
Step 1. Log out as startup User and Log in under Guest user
Step 2. Don't do anything. Yep, just look at screen aimlessly for a few seconds.
Step 3. Log in just like you were before you started doing what your doing
Step 4. Launch the now functional Pro Tools
Step 5. Say a few expletives and happy making

Pro tools won't launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.